Get a head start on contracts that terminate early in May
When a contract is terminated before the contract end date and there are Earnings Not Paid (ENP) to pay out, ensure they are included in the final check.
When a contract with ENP terminates in a month before the contract end date:
- Add the updated termination date before payroll processes and the ENP will pay out automatically.
- If the updated termination date is entered after payroll processes, then also enter the final ENP payout amount into CU Time.
- Do not enter an override SpeedType. ENP is paid from specific campus SpeedTypes. The campus SpeedTypes are stored in the Department Budget Table.
- Confirm the payout amount from the Contract Payment Details page.
After payroll processes, use the HCM query “Payroll Register Acct Detail” to confirm the ENP payment. Download the query results to Excel to easily filter for ENP SpeedTypes.
The end of the semester is quickly approaching, and faculty on a 9-pay-12 contract who terminate this May should have their ENP paid out in their May paycheck. To do this, insert a termination row in Job Data with a termination effective date for the day after their contract ends. This should be entered before the May payroll deadline at 5 p.m. on May 18, 2022.
Need extra help?
Additionally, find HCM queries from here:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Select the Resources tab and click the query you desire.