Faculty contract payment schedule selection begins May 1
University of Colorado faculty on a contract may choose or change their contract payment schedule between May 1 and July 10, for the academic year 2020-21.
If no change is made to the payment schedule, then the previously chosen election will continue.
The two payment schedule types are as follows:
- Faculty 9/9 payments:
- For CU Denver, academic year salary will start in September, paying from Sept. 30 through May 31
- For UCCS and CU Boulder, academic year salary will start in August, paying from Aug. 31 to May 31
- Faculty 9/12 payments:
- For CU Denver, academic year salaries will be paid from September 2020 through August 2021
- For UCCS and CU Boulder, academic year salaries will be paid from August 2020 through August 2021
If no election is made by the deadline, paycheck delays may occur. Faculty may not revoke their chosen payment schedule during the plan year, except in the case of termination, death, or disability.
Encourage faculty to access these resources
Please remind faculty members to select their payment schedule in the employee portal before July 10. If your faculty need assistance during this process, please encourage them to use the resources below:
- Visit the Employee Services contracts page to learn how to choose a contract type.
- The Contract Proration Calculator can help faculty to determine whether combined 9-pay-12 contracts exceed IRS limits and how it will be distributed over a 12-month period.
- IRS deferred compensation guidelines will walk faculty through the tax implications of selecting a 9-pay-12 contract.
- Our Quick Reference Guide will show faculty members how to select their contracts in the employee portal.