While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at email@example.com or 303-860-4200, option 2.
Ensure your new hires know how to complete important tasks in their portals
When new hires start, they must complete a variety of important tasks related to personal information, benefits, payroll and training in the employee portal.
Share these tips and tricks with your new hires to help them understand what they need to do, learn their way around the portal and manage their information throughout their time at CU.
Before you start: Helpful hints
- Before you begin, turn off the popup blocker while in the portal as many pages populate in a new window.
- Access the drop-down menu below for easy navigation while completing tasks.
My Info and Pay tasks
Visit My Info and Pay for the following tasks:
- Adding optional disability, veteran and ethnic group information: This information can be added by clicking on the Additional Information tile. Providing information about disability, veteran status and ethnic group is voluntary, but highly encouraged because it helps CU measure how well we deliver equal opportunities to qualified people with disabilities, comply with the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and meet governmental recordkeeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations.
- Viewing your paycheck: To view details and ensure paychecks are correct, visit the Paychecks tile. If the paycheck is not populating, ensure your popup blocker is off.
- Adding or updating an emergency contact: In the event of an emergency, make sure your contacts can be reached by adding or updating their information in the Emergency Contacts tile.
- Setting up direct deposit: To correctly set up direct deposit, review this step-by-step guide, then visit the Direct Deposit tile. Incorrect set up leads to a return of funds and delay in receiving wages, so please ensure you understand how to enter yours.
- Updating or correcting personal information: Add or adjust the following information in the My Info tile: Addresses, personal and emergency contacts, ethnic information, disability and veteran information.
- Adding W-4 information: Fill out your W-4 tax data in the W-4 tile to ensure you are taxed appropriately on your first paycheck. Note: International employees should not make changes to their W-4 election without guidance from an International Tax Specialist.
Benefits and Wellness tasks
On the Benefits and Wellness page, finalized benefits selections can be viewed in the Benefits Summary tile. For those still determining which benefits packages are best for them, plans can be compared in the Medical and Dental Comparison Tool tiles.
When you begin your new job, your supervisor may request that you complete required training. This can be done in Skillsoft on the Training page.
For questions about these tasks, employees should contact their campus Human Resources office:
For questions related to benefits, payroll or Skillsoft, email: