Ensure your department’s leave balances are accurate ahead of this year’s leave sweep
HCM users are encouraged to reconcile and adjust leave balances before fiscal year end for accuracy. The sooner leave balances are reviewed and corrected, if necessary, the better chance employees have to use their leave ahead of the June 30 fiscal year cutoff and avoid having their excess leave swept.
Review employee leave usage and reconcile balances with these queries:
- Leave Accrual Summary (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_ACCRUAL_SUM): This query reflects the Summary tab within the CU Leave Accrual Summary page.
- Leave Accrual Detail (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_ACCRUAL_DTL): This query pulls information from the CU Leave Accrual Summary page’s Detail tab for individual employees.
- Leave Taken (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_TAKEN): This query provides leave hours that have been processed by payroll, for the ability to compare third-party/off-line timekeeping entries with uploads.
- My Leave Calendar View (CUES_HCM_MY_LEAVE_CALENDAR): This query returns detailed information about My Leave requests shown on the calendar view, excluding holidays, for the ability to compare and determine if all calendar events are reflected in the HCM Leave Accrual balance.
- NEW- Leave Sweep Estimate (CUES_HCM_LEAVE_SWEEP_EST): This query identifies employees that may have excess leave hours based on current accrual rates and leave currently requested but not yet used. It provides an estimate of an employee’s hours subject to sweep.
Here’s how to access the queries:
- Log into the employee portal.
- Open the CU Resources Home dropdown menu and click Business Tools.
- Select the HCM tile and choose HCM Community Users from the drop-down menu.
- Click the HCM WorkCenter tile.
- Choose the Resources tab.
Need a refresher on running queries? Instructions are available.
Step-by-step guides, job aids and resources are available on the HCM Community Website.