Categorized in: 

Ending academic year contracts in December? Here’s what to do.

If you have academic year professors who are resigning at the Fall semester’s end, take the following steps to successfully end their contracts and pay all owed salary:

Change their salary:

  • Use ePAR Pay Rate Change and a reason of “Base Pay – Decrease.”
  • It is critical that the effective date of this change be 12/01/16 for the projected payment for December to correctly update.
  • The new amount should be ½ of their Academic year appointment.


Change the contract end date:

  • Contract end date changes must be done by Employee Services. 
  • Please email with the subject line “Change needed for contract end date” and request the contract end date be changed to 12/31/16.


Pay the ENP for 9-pay-12 professors:

  • At this time, Earnings Not Paid (ENP) must be paid using the Off-Cycle process
  • On Dec. 22, after payroll has been confirmed, navigate to HCM’s Contract Payment Details page (Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data > Contract Payment Details)
  • At the bottom of the page, under “projected payments,” you will see the total amount of collected ENP.  
  • Put the ENP amount in the off-cycle payroll for OC122216 by the 5 p.m. Dec. 27 deadline.  The CU Employee Reported Time entry should have an earnings code of ENP.  

Add new comment