Categorized in: 

Employee Tax Withholding Adjustments at Year End

Employees may need to adjust their federal and state calendar year in order to meet their income tax obligations. Increasing withholding levels may avoid tax penalties for underpayment, and decreasing withholding levels may avoid a large refund.     

Departments can refer employees to the CU Resources tab on the campus online portal at  

Employees needing assistance with these forms should contact a payroll counselor at 303-860-4200, option 2. If the change is intended to be temporary, a new W-4 and/or an Additional Tax Withholding-Request Additional Tax/Cancel Additional Tax form can be used later to reset the withholding and additional withholding amounts.


Add new comment