Elevate your knowledge. Elevate your skills. HCM Campus Workshops begin in July
We’re almost ready to roll out new tools and programs that will make your job a little easier, and we’re inviting you to get a sneak peek of them at HCM Campus Workshops this summer.
As part of its two-year Elevate project, CU will upgrade its existing Human Resources Management System with the new-and-improved Human Capital Management (HCM) system. The HCM team will also unveil a powerful new recruiting tool called CU Careers (currently Jobs at CU).
To help HCM Community Members get up to speed on these changes, Employee Services will offer HCM Campus Workshops starting July 7 running through the fall. These courses will be offered on each campus and at the System Administration building.
What you’ll learn
Workshops will cover different aspects of HCM procedures and workflows through in-person lectures and demonstrations. Later this fall, you can sharpen your skills at structured and open labs, and have your questions answered by HCM experts. Each workshop lasts two hours.
- HCM Overview | July 7-21 | Review similarities and differences between the HRMS and HCM.
- Non-Person Profiles | July 22-Aug. 4 | Learn about important changes to positions, job descriptions and position profiles.
- CU Careers | Aug. 5-18 | Understand system workflow for recruitment processes in CU Careers and HCM.
- HCM Transactions | Aug. 19-Sept. 1 | Understand system workflow for promotions, terminations, funding changes and other processes.
- Paying People | Sept. 3-16 | Discover a streamlined process for paying employees.
- HCM Review and Reports | Sept. 17-30 | Review the HCM system and learn more about forms, reports, and pulling data.
- Structured Labs | Oct. 1-29 | Experiment using HCM in real-life scenarios and workflows during these hands-on labs.
- Open Labs | Nov. 3-Dec. 3 | Ask HCM experts how to resolve day-to-day issues.
After you finish the workshops and labs, you’ll have the option to take a cumulative assessment to identify areas where you excel and where you can improve. To see a full workshop schedule, visit www.cu.edu/elevate/hcm-training.
Ready to register?
These training courses are filling fast. Here’s how to reserve your spot:
- Log in to your my.cu.edu portal.
- On the left-hand menu, click Training.
- Click Start SkillSoft and enter your login information if prompted.
- Click Catalog.
- Click CU Instructor Led Training (the second folder in the list).
- Click Elevate: HCM Campus Workshops.
- There are six training topics. Click on the topic for the session you’d like to attend.
- This will take you to a course description. Click on the small calendar icon in the left corner of the window, directly below the gold banner with the training topic. This icon will open a table that displays the dates, times, and locations of the trainings
- Once you’ve found a training that works for your schedule, click Enroll on the furthest column to the right. You’ll be emailed an enrollment confirmation, which you can link to your Outlook calendar.
Learning new programs is never easy, but we're confident your hard work will help you adapt to a smarter, faster and more intuitive system. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cu.edu/elevate/hcm-training to learn more about HCM training and the CU Elevate project.