While the majority of Employee Services staff will work remotely to do our part to reduce community spread of the COVID-19 virus, our services will continue without interruption. We're dedicated to providing excellent service to every CU employee and every HCM user. You can still reach us by phone or email. If you have questions or need assistance, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-860-4200, option 2.
Cherwell Dashboard improves ticket transparency
As part of our effort to provide you real-time information, we’re excited to launch a new Cherwell dashboard for tracking tickets and trends.
Updating throughout the day, the dashboard shows you tickets we’ve received by category and priority. You also can search for specific tickets and track them from creation to resolution.
Logging into the dashboard
Similar to the employee portal, you’ll need to submit your CU credentials to see the dashboard. If you receive an error message, please email University Information Systems (UIS) at email@example.com.
Navigating the portal
The dashboard allows you to dive deep into our Cherwell metrics, giving you a window into system issues and trends.
HCM Help ticket chart
When you log in, you’ll immediately see a table showing tickets in the following categories:
- Function: the Employee Services (ES) area or team managing the ticket
- Priority: High, medium or low, depending on how many users are affected and/or the severity of the issue. Tickets labeled No priority have yet to be assigned to a team.
- Open tickets: Tickets we are currently researching
- Closed tickets: Tickets we’ve resolved
- Ticket age: The average number of days the tickets within a specific functional area have been open
- Close rate: Number of tickets closed versus the number of tickets opened. The higher the close rate, the faster we’re resolving tickets in a program area.
We also assign each program area a red, yellow or green status depending on the volume and severity of tickets, providing a peek at where we’re focusing our efforts.
Diving into metrics
More detailed information is just a click away. To view the ticket history of a certain category, simply click on the number of tickets. If you want to see medium-priority payroll tickets, for example, click the number inside the highlighted box:
This takes you to a window showing all current tickets in that category. Now we’ll show you two ways to sort through the data.
Finding your ticket
The toolbar at the top of your window can help you organize tickets. To find a specific issue, type keywords—such as your name or ticket number—into the search bar, and click Go.
This brings up all tickets relevant to your search criteria:
To read the ticket details, simply click on the ticket ID number. You’ll see who submitted the ticket, who’s currently working on it and when it was last updated.
Browsing tickets by category
To browse tickets, we recommend clicking this icon to display the tickets as a filterable list, broken down by ticket number, status, priority, customer name, ticket owner and a brief description:
To view any ticket, simply click on the row. This generates the same ticket reports as above.
Keeping track of your tickets
Next to your ticket, you’ll see the following statuses:
- Assigned: Your ticket has been sent and assigned to a team.
- Pending: Your ticket is with a third party or waiting on more information.
- In progress: An ES team is working on your ticket.
- Resolved: ES has fixed your issue. You have 72 hours to verify the resolution. If you do not respond within that window, the ticket will close automatically.
- Closed: The issues has been resolved and verified by you.
- Reopened: We’ve reopened your incident for further research.
Empowering you with up-to-date information
The Cherwell dashboard provides you with up-to-date information, and holds us accountable for prioritizing and fixing significant system issues. While we are trying to close every ticket as quickly as possible, please know that more complex issues take longer to research and resolve, especially if they’re rolled into a development project.
As we strengthen collaboration across campuses, we hope you find the dashboard useful and informative.