Changes planned for this year's Leave Certification
Leave certification will run from Aug. 2-31.
Each year, University of Colorado employees must review their vacation and sick leave balances then verify their accuracy. Then, supervisors must approve their direct reports’ leave certifications, in accordance with Board of Regents Policy.
What to expect
As part of the 2020 Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA), leave certification expands to all employees enrolled in the new State Sick Leave plan.
As a result, students, temporary staff and contracted lecturers must now certify their leave.
Employees can view their current leave balances under the new portal tile:
- Log into your employee portal.
- Select the CU Resources area. (CU System employees will skip this step.)
- Open the CU Resources Home drop-down menu, then select My Info and Pay.
- Click the Leave Balances tile.
- All vacation and sick leave balances are posted here.
- After July 1, employees can see how much leave was swept, if applicable.
Employees will receive emails notifying them of the leave certification process and deadlines, and they will stop receiving email reminders once they certify.
Detailed step-by-step instructions to certify your leave will be available closer to the certification window.