2016 Preparing to Retire postponed, retirement talks still slated for February
Employee Services has postponed its 2016 Preparing to Retire Event, but it will use the previously scheduled February dates to hold on-campus retirement talks by TIAA-CREF and the Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA).
The talk series, Hatch a Plan for Your Nest Egg, is designed to educate you about your mandatory retirement plan and the steps to take to use it in post-CU life.
No registration will be required for these events.
Talk and Information Booth Schedules (times apply to all campus events)
Join PERA 9:30-10:30 a.m. at their booth to speak with a PERA professional.
Preparing for Retirement with PERA presentation
10:30 a.m. - Noon
This 90-minute presentation outlines:
- how a PERA monthly lifetime benefit is calculated;
- annual increases on the benefit;
- choices upon terminating PERA-covered employment;
- built-in survivor and disability benefits;
- access to 401(k) and 457 voluntary tax-deferred savings plans;
- availability of post-retirement health insurance plans;
- and much more.
Attendees also will be able to review the retirement application process for the PERA DB plan, and learn about required PERA retirement forms and post-retirement issues.
TIAA-CREF financial consultants will be available to meet at their booth from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Understanding the 401(a) Retirement Plan and Investment Options presentation
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
At this presentation, you'll learn:
- the 401(a) Plan structure, design and features
- how to manage your account
- available resources and advice
- basic investments terminology
- the three tier approach to investment selection
- target date funds and the core investments
- how to access the self-directed brokerage option
- how to enroll in the CU 403(b) Voluntary Retirement Plan
|Tuesday, Feb. 16||UCCS
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
|Thursday, Feb. 18||CU Anschutz
Krugman Conference Hall (2nd Floor)
Research Center 2
12700 E. 19th Ave.
|Wednesday, Feb. 24||CU-Boulder
Multipurpose Room 3, C240
(aka, Ice Overlook Large Conference Room)
Student Recreation Center
1835 Pleasant St.
|Thursday, Feb. 25||CU Denver
1380 Lawrence St.