2012-13 fiscal-year-end reminders
The 2013-2013 fiscal year ends on Sunday, June 30. Please note the following suggestions and deadlines.
• Process time collection batches early to avoid last-minute problems.
• Confirm your backup person is trained and available to assist.
• Be accurate and timely to help ensure correct fiscal year charges.
• Departments receive full credit for overpayments fully recovered by June 30. Departments receive prorated credit for overpayments partially recovered by June 30. Remaining amounts will be credited when repaid.
Hand-drawn Warrant Request
• Submit requests early to avoid last-minute problems.
• Requests received with complete information by noon Tuesday, June 25, will be included in FY 2013. Payroll Expense Transfers • PETs for charges incurred on or before Sunday, June 30, may be processed through Tuesday, July 9.
• Journal date must be June 30.
• Transactions approved by 5 p.m. July 9 will be included in FY 2013.
• For processing questions, contact your campus accounting office.
• For technical difficulties when creating a PET, contact Shelley Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports to Ensure Pay Accuracy
• Use your payroll reports to confirm the accuracy of employee pay.
• Salary charges need to be as correct as possible for the fiscal year close.