MEC Weekly Digest | September 20, 2021
eComm Team Update
- We are excited to share that Tracy Berger has accepted a position in Boulder OIT with the Enterprise Web & CRM team as a senior business/marketing analyst reporting to Lisa. We're fortunate that she'll continue working to support eComm in this new capacity. Tracy's first day at Boulder OIT is today. Congratulations, Tracy!
Cvent New User Experience
- Update: Users currently have the option to switch to Cvent's New User Experience and back as desired. Starting December 2021, Cvent's New User Experience will automatically be enabled in all user accounts and 'switching back' will not be an option. We have started to update our resources accordingly:
24/7 Premium Cvent Support
- Update: In addition to the traditional methods of contacting Cvent Help & Support, we now have a 24/7 Premium Support number. Please contact the System team to access the phone number.
- Action: You are welcome to share the Premium Support number with your users - especially those with 24/7 needs. We cannot share it publicly on the wiki.
iOS and Open Rates
- Issue: Apple has rolled out its iOS 15 software update.
- Impact: As Erin Frazier mentioned in Chatter last week, this rollout will change how open rates are recorded on Apple devices.
- Next Steps: We'll be discussing next steps at our September MEC meeting on the 30th.
Updates on Outstanding Issues
- Marketing Cloud Multi-factor Authentication: Slated for work in winter 2021-2022.
- Marketing Cloud Reply Mail Management (RMM): Jen Mortensen opened a ticket re: options for enabling RMM in Marketing Cloud to better process automatic replies that frequently clog inboxes. We're unsure if this is an easy change, so we are working with Bulder OIT to investigate options. In the absence of RMM, Erin Frazier has found success at CU Boulder by updating inbox rules to filter automatic replies.
- POI Data in Salesforce: Exploration is continuing.
- Preferred Name in Salesforce: Last week, both Tom Needy and Jess Raab raised the question of adding preferred names to Salesforce. We are currently exploring options and will have more information available soon.