MEC Weekly Digest | March 9, 2021
Contacts Uploaded with University Email
- Issue: We've observed eComm specialists adding university email addresses to Salesforce on occasion. Most of the email addresses associated to these Standard contacts have a duplicate Individual contact with the same email address.
- Solution: No action required to remedy these duplicates, but please be mindful of matching on all email addresses and adding existing contacts to a campaign rather than uploading a new, duplicate contact. We noticed this trend in chart four of our Standard Contact Audit dasher.
Students Missing Advance ID
- Issue: Tracy Berger noticed that some students do not have an Advance ID in Salesforce.
- Solution: Daniella Torres is working with Advancement to understand why this is the case and will provide an update when she has more information.
Mismatched Business Unit Names
- Issue: We noticed several cases in which a business unit name in Marketing Cloud did not match the business unit name in Salesforce Email Sends even though the MIDs were the name.
- Solution: The COE completed an audit and corrected 25 business unit names in Salesforce. Contact Jen Mortensen if you notice discrepancies going forward.
March Last Login Audit
- Jen Mortensen began the last login audit for March yesterday and will have results available for team review later this morning. Identified users will be notified on Monday, March 15.
Reminder: Q2 Business Unit & Preference Requests
- Action: If you have email preference or business unit requests you'd like to submit for completion in Q2 of CY21, please submit them using the Q2 tabs of our spreadsheet by Monday, March 15. Jen Mortensen will then review your requests for accuracy and will reach out for additional information if needed.
- Paid Events in Cvent (new)
- Choose an Event Type (new)
- Cvent Training (Express & Flex merged to single wiki)
- Cvent Approval & Launch (same process, updated tutorial)
- Testing an Event (same process, updated tutorial)
- Filter Tracking by Data Extension(s) in Marketing Cloud (new)
- Set Marketing Cloud Default Login Page (new)
Updates on Outstanding Issues
- Advance-Salesforce Discrepancies: The majority of specific discrepancies seen by the Boulder engineering team were fixed. UIS is continuing to investigate the remaining ones and the more general issues causing these discrepancies.
- Advance IDs Deleted from Salesforce: UIS is continuing to investigate.
- SSL Certificate: Salesforce and the COE are working together to complete the remaining steps for the SSL certificates.