The eComm team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet we remain committed to serving our users and ensuring success for both ongoing communications and event management. We encourage you to contact your eComm specialist if you require assistance. You can also take advantage of numerous online resources in the eComm wiki or submit a help ticket if you have a specific request.
MEC Weekly Digest | July 6, 2020
Good News: Provisioning
- Congratulations: Thanks to Melanie Jones and Daniella Torres, as well as the MEC team, we were able to complete provisioning in record time (the fastest turnaround ever!). Melanie and Daniella were able to streamline processes, and when combined with MEC review and approval, as well as prioritization of SkillSoft completion, we had great results. Thanks to everyone on the team for making this possible.
eComm User and License Management Policy
- Update: We received some great feedback from the team during last week's review of the eComm User and License Management Policy. We made a few changes to the provisioning section, including breaking out information into Provisioning Submission and Provisioning Approval.
- Action: Please review the sections titled Provisioning Submission and Provisioning Approval and let us know if you have any further edits/comments by July 10.
Dashboard Review and Virtual Training Reminder
- Reminder: Please review the dashboards for your campus and contact Melanie Jones if you see any errors or missing business units. In order to keep the dashboards scalable, we will not be adding additional components at this time.
- MEC Training: Monday, July 20, 1-1:30 p.m.
- User Training: Users are encouraged to attend one of three virtual trainings. The first invite will distribute on 7/10 with reminders scheduled as needed. If unable to attend, a recording will be made available.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 24, 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 28, 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.