MEC Weekly Digest | February 16, 2021
Next Team Meeting
- Our next team meeting will be this Thursday, Feb. 18 from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you there.
February Last Login Audit
- The last login audit for February is underway. Deprovisioning notifications will be sent to indicated users today, Feb. 16.
Subscriber Reactivation for Transactional Communications
- Issue and Impact: Tracy Berger identified a gap in our manual processes that is preventing contacts who have unsubscribed from MC emails from receiving important transactional communications.
- Gap: While Jen Mortensen's weekly reactivation process was correcting subscriber status for inactive subscribers, we were not addressing unsubscribed subscribers.
- Solution: Jen Mortensen exported unsubscribe data from MC and cross filtered it against current students and current employees. She identified 357 students and 425 employees who were unsubscribed in MC and who were therefore not receiving transactional communications. She updated the email opt value in SF for these contacts to be equal to TRUE (to exclude them from commercial emails) and then reactivated them in MC (to include them in transactional emails). Jen will complete this process weekly to ensure that transactional communications are delivered as expected while honoring CAN-SPAM.
Email Preference Center Feedback
- Thanks to all of you for your participation in reviewing the email preference center requirements. Matt Roush is continuing conversations with Jason Hunter and the TIP team on next steps. Assuming that the outcome will be positive, the NextGen and eComm teams are starting to look into existing tools that may meet our requirements. Matt will provide more information about discovery and the path forward at our next team meeting.
- Process Change: We cannot leverage Cvent's built-in workflow to notify Portal Users when a Report has been Published without emailing all MECs. Cvent has taken our feedback, but for now, do NOT notify individuals via Cvent when a Report has been Published. The resources below have been updated accordingly:
- Reminder: Our second and final CAN-SPAM refresher course is Tuesday, Feb. 16, 1:30 p.m. -2:00 p.m. We'll make the recording available soon.
- Success: Beth Graham and Anna Squires from UCCS passed the optional user quiz regarding CAN-SPAM best practices on their first try.
Cvent Classic Sunset
- Cvent Users will get an email this week outlining the timeline for Classic Events sunsetting and live sessions to assist with the move. We can chat more during our Thursday MEC meeting.
- February 22, 2021 | No events can be created from scratch. Instead, clone a pre-existing Template or Event.
- July 1, 2021 | You will not be able to create Classic Events. Leverage Flex or Express instead.
- You can launch an existing Classic Event until Dec. 31, 2021.
- Dec. 31, 2021 | All active events in Classic must be completed.
Updates on Outstanding Issues
- Advance-Salesforce Discrepancies: UIS is planning to correct affected records after the spring semester is underway on all campuses.
- Advance IDs Deleted from Salesforce: UIS is continuing to investigate.
- SSL Certificate: The COE has completed the work that they can for the SSL certificate fix that will correct image display issues in Google Chrome. We are awaiting final steps from Salesforce to implement the solution.