MEC Weekly Digest | December 14, 2021
Next Team Meeting
- Reminder: Our next team meeting will be this Thursday, Dec. 16 from 2 - 3 p.m. We look forward to seeing you there.
Security Vulnerability Update
- Thank You: Thanks to all of you who were able to help test access to and functionality in Salesforce and Marketing Cloud over the weekend.
- Marketing Cloud: We are continuing to work with SFMC to determine why some users are still able to login while not on a CU network or CU VPN. We hope to have an update soon.
- Cvent: We are continuing to assess enhanced security options within Cvent, where user settings do not account for VPN access requirements. Further information from Cvent is below:
- Cvent has not been impacted by the log4j vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228), but has been aggressively managing risk associated with the issue for the past several days. We have enriched our security threat intelligence and monitoring practices and instituted a range of technical safeguards to detect and block known exploitation patterns and indicators of attack. We have also initiated internal procedures to further harden systems, prevent further integration of vulnerable log4j libraries into product software, and aggressively upgrade instances of log4j to safeguard our customers, a process that will complete in the coming days.
December Last Login Audit
- Reminder: As mentioned in the Dec. 5 weekly digest, Jen Mortensen will be sending last login notifications to users this week.
- Action: If you have not already reviewed the last login spreadsheet and provided feedback in column E, please do so as soon as possible.
CY22 Q1 Email Preferences
- Reminder: As mentioned in Chatter, we are now collecting business unit and email preference requests for completion in Q1 of CY22.
- Action: If you have not already done so, please ensure that your requests are on the CY22 tracking spreadsheet by Dec. 17.
- Update: After further discussions with the UIS team, we believe that the fastest and most accurate way to ensure that we are using the correct preferred name in Salesforce is to add three preferred name fields that represent the preferred names present in eComm's source systems: Campus Solutions, HCM, and Advance. We will discuss this possible path and its implications during this Thursday's team meeting.
- CRM03-CRM01 Email Opt Outs: Testing ongoing.
- GeoPointe Address Addition: After successful testing in stage, the COE team is working to push to production in an upcoming sprint.