MEC Weekly Digest | August 24, 2020
Next Team Meeting: August 27
- Update: We look forward to seeing you at our next team meeting on Thursday, August 27 from 1:30 - 2:45 p.m.
eComm Annual User Fee Timeline
- Update: Jill Ibeck and Angie Naillon have been working through the campus-specific date preferences related to eComm billing notifications. There is consensus that the team should conduct regular budget health checks and communicate findings to the appropriate campus partners. The team is working on a model that will provide quarterly budget updates to the campuses that will allow them to anticipate a +/- 3-5% user fee change as circumstances evolve throughout the year. More information will be available soon.
Marketing Cloud Multi-Factor Authentication
- Issue: Some Marketing Cloud admins may have noticed a message re: enabling multi-factor authentication upon logging in.
- Action: Do not click Enable if you are offered this option. Please click Skip.
- Next Steps: We've been informed that multi-factor authentication will be required at some point in the future, but, to our knowledge, the date has not been published. The COE will be testing multi-factor authentication in its next sprint and will do additional investigation about when the mandatory change will go into effect. We'll keep you informed as we learn more.
IER Archival Underway
- Update: The COE has begun archiving IERs older than 90 days per our agreement and in accordance with industry best practices.
TaskRay License Assessment
- Issue: We've noticed that most MECs aren't using TaskRay as much as we anticipated and are wondering if we still need the licenses. View the bottom of our TaskRay dashboard to see how many tasks you've created since migration.
- Action: Spend some time considering if you need a TaskRay license or if you think Chatter would work for notifying the System team about work that needs to be completed. We'll discuss your thoughts during the August 27 team meeting.