The eComm team is currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, yet we remain committed to serving our users and ensuring success for both ongoing communications and event management. We encourage you to contact your eComm specialist if you require assistance. You can also take advantage of numerous online resources in the eComm wiki or submit a help ticket if you have a specific request.
eComm Upgrade: Reporting Workshop for eComm Specialists
CU's eComm Specialists began reviewing over 7,000 audience reports in fall 2018 in order to determine which ones need to be rebuilt in the new Salesforce environment. While work on this report review continues, the COE has announced a report building workshop for eComm Specialists only on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
This reporting workshop will address best practices for building audience reports in Salesforce, such as which objects to use, how to best use filter logic and cross filters, and will also provide eComm Specialists with reporting templates to help guide efforts in the future.
In preparation for this workshop, eComm Specialists are compiling a list of audience reports that are used most frequently in order to set the stage for success. Examples of report types that will be addressed include the following:
- All currently enrolled students (all campuses, by campus, by college, by class year)
- All currently employed faculty (all campuses, by campus, by college)
- All currently employed staff (all campuses, by campus, by college/department)
- Retired faculty (all campuses, by campus, by college)
- Retired staff (all campuses, by campus, by college/department)
- Alumni (all campuses, by campus, by college, by class year, by location)
- Affiliates (such as CU Advocates) (all campuses, by campus, by class year, by location)
- Donors and Friends (all campuses, by campus)
Additionally, the reporting workshop will address how to identify intersections in the above groups so that our audience reports tell us as much about a constituent as possible.
eComm's new Salesforce environment will also be built in Lightning experience, and the COE will provide training on Lightning to eComm Specialists during the January 24 workshop as well. Following that training,