Cvent Flex | Should you transition?
Cvent Classic is Phasing Out in 2021
Cvent is phasing out Classic registration forms in favor of Flex and Express events.
While a Flex form can undoubtedly be an enhancement compared to Classic, half the battle is planning correctly. There are four main elements to weigh when considering a transition to Flex.
You'll need to consider many variables to determine the correct time and pace of transitioning your events from Classic to Flex. Here are some things to consider when prioritizing which events to transition first:
Cvent is constantly building and improving upon Flex to make sure it’s the best event management software out there. Keep visiting this page to see what's included in the latest update.
- Are there any features you require that are NOT currently available? You'll need to wait on migrating these events.
- What features are you excited about adopting that are new with Flex?
The amount of time and effort it will take to transition to Flex highly depends on your unit's resources. This is the time to have honest conversations about your team's goals and the allocation of resources needed to accomplish them.
- Who is involved in your Cvent Flex transition?
- Who is primarily responsible for creating your unit's first Cvent Flex event?
- Is this the right time for your unit to prioritize migrating to Flex? If not now, when?
eComm will provide you with CU Branded templates to clone, but it will be your responsibility to modify the template to encompass your event's custom features and registration process. It's best to tackle a simple event your first time in Flex.
- Which of your events is on the simpler side and would make a good transition to Flex?
Creating your first Flex event will take time to configure and test. You should project no less than one month to create your first Flex event. Do not fail to include the 1-3 days your eComm specialist requires to approve your event before it is launched.
- List your upcoming events and their desired launch date that provides you more than one month to prepare.