Overview: The Electronic Research and Administration (eRA) system automates the processes the university uses to apply for research grants and other funding. It manages the pre- and post-award administrative and regulatory aspects of grants, contracts, protocols and conflicts of interest. eRA provides integration across business offices, creating efficiencies and streamlining processes. It provides the research community with the technology to manage their research portfolios, allowing them to spend more time on the science.
Refer to eRA Features for a complete list of system capabilities.
- Supports the collaborative nature of research across the university, while mitigating risk.
- Improve overall management and delivery of the administrative portions of sponsored research.
- Enables system-wide reporting.
- Standardizes proposal and award processes across the university through a single, integrated system.
- Provides a university-wide data source for proposals and awards.
- Routing and approvals can be easily tracked online.
- Track all research activity from one system.
Driving factors: Internal and External Factors Driving the Implementation of eRA
Who is eligible to use the service: Faculty and staff affiliated with the University of Colorado.
Support Contact: Bob O'Malley, eRA Systems, 303-837-2157
Related services: Refer to the UIS Business Calendar for outage information (you must be logged into the CU network to access the Business Calendar).