Policy 1B: Guiding Principles
Article 1, Part C of the Laws of the Regents establishes the mission of the University of Colorado. Consistent with the legal obligations and responsibilities of the University of Colorado community, the university will:
- Encourage and provide access to the university for all qualified students within the university's capacity.
- Maintain a commitment to excellence.
- Promote and uphold the principles of ethics, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Be conscientious stewards of the university's human, physical, financial, information, and natural resources.
- Encourage, honor, and respect teaching, learning, and academic culture.
- Promote faculty, student, and staff diversity to ensure the rich interchange of ideas in the pursuit of truth and learning, including diversity of political, geographic, cultural, intellectual, and philosophical perspectives.
- Encourage and support innovation and entrepreneurship at all levels of the university including research and creative activities.
- Strive to meet the needs of the State of Colorado, including health care, technology, work force training, and civic literacy.
- Ensure that the university is an economic, social, and cultural catalyst.
- Support and encourage collaboration amongst departments and campuses, and between the university and other educational institutions to improve our communities.
- Provide an outstanding, respectful, and responsive living, learning, teaching, and working environment.
- Focus on meaningful measurable results.
History: Approved 02/11/2010; revised 06/24/2010