Travel Overview

Before you go

  • Seek approval to travel from department. For international travel, submit an international travel request.
  • Apply for corporate liability Travel Card (US Bank VISA).
  • Take online course Travel and Travel Card Training.
  • Review PSC Procedural Statement Travel.
  • Book trip online through Concur Travel & Expense, or through a travel agent at Christopherson Business Travel. (Conference hotels may need to be booked through the conference.)
  • For non-employee trips: Complete the Non-employee Travel Request form and use Christopherson Business Travel.
  • To pay conference registration, use Travel Card or Procurement Card. To pay lodging deposit (if booked outside of Concur Travel & Expense), use Travel Card.
  • Book rental car online through Concur Travel & Expense. Call Travel Card (1.800.VISA.911) about insurance coverage.
  • Look up destination’s per diem rates (link below), or use Itinerary in Concur Travel & Expense to calculate.
  • For international travel: Book trip through Christopherson Business Travel; apply for international version of Travel Card; review international travel warnings and health alerts; find out if export control laws apply. If No Cost to University travel, enter trip into iSOS.
  • To apply for an advance: Complete the Cash Advance Setup form and submit request within Concur Travel & Expense.

During your trip

  • Pay for personal expenses with personal funds.
  • Keep itemized receipts for all official function meals. Keep itemized receipts for other charges if over $75. E-Receipt available for some lodging or rental car bookings through Concur Travel & Expense. Paper receipt not required if vendor supplies e-Receipt.

When you return

  • Prepare expense report (or give receipts to appropriate delegate) to reconcile Travel Card expenses and request reimbursement for eligible expenses that will not be reimbursed by any other entity. (Note: Travel Card expenses must appear in Concur before they can be reconciled.) Prepare Non- Employee Reimbursement (NR) form if non-employee.
  • Attach required documentation to expense report/NR form.
  • Reimburse CU by personal check if necessary (e.g., for cash advance reconciliation). Attach copy of validated Cash Receipt form to expense report. (Advance type/amount determines 30-day or 60-day due date.)
  • Submit expense report in time to avoid tax implications.

Want to go mobile with Concur?

Access Concur from your mobile device with Concur Mobile. You can also organize all aspects of your travel with TripIt Pro.


It's easy! Find out how →


Important Links