Our offices will close at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 2 and re-open for normal business hours on Monday, July 6. This includes the FinPro Help Desk.
The University of Colorado has licensed a number of Oracle products on a University-wide basis. The University-wide license agreement provides new and continuing users access to Oracle software, at no additional cost to your department.
Procurement Options and Procedures
The University has licensed a number of Oracle products on a University-wide basis. There is no cost to campus departments to access licensed Oracle products.
- Database Enterprise Edition significantly improves database functionality and performance for business owners (campus users) by offering efficient and secure cloud-based database and data warehouse capabilities with enhanced stability and analytics.
- Advanced Security helps you protect sensitive information and comply with various privacy and compliance regulations, including breach notification laws and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). This database accomplishes this by enabling encryption inside the database that is transparent to applications and by enabling redaction of sensitive data before it leaves the database.
- Database Lifecycle Management (Only Provision and Patch Automation Pack) is a comprehensive solution that helps database, system and application administrators automate the processes required to manage the Oracle Database Lifecycle. It eliminates manual and time consuming tasks related to discovery, initial provisioning, patching, configuration management, ongoing change management and disaster protection automation. The Database Lifecycle Management pack also provides compliance frameworks for reporting and management of industry and regulatory compliance standards.
- Tuning Pack provides database administrators with expert performance management for the Oracle environment, including SQL tuning and storage optimizations. In order to use the Tuning Pack, you must also have the Diagnostic Pack. The Tuning Pack includes the following features:
SQL Access Advisor
SQL Tuning Advisor
SQL Tuning Sets
- Diagnostic Pack provides automatic performance diagnostic and advanced system monitoring functionality. The Diagnostic Pack includes the following features: Automatic Workload Repository; Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM); Performance monitoring (database and host); Event notifications: notification methods, rules, and schedules; and Event history and metric history (database and host).
- Real Application Clusters (RAC) harnesses the processing power of multiple, interconnected servers on a cluster. This allows access to a single database from multiple servers on a cluster, insulating both applications and database users from server failures, while providing performance that scales out on-demand at low cost. It is a vital component of grid computing that allows multiple servers to access a single database at one time.
- Partitioning enhances the data management environment for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), data marts and data warehouse applications by adding significant manageability, availability and performance capabilities to large underlying database tables and indexes. Oracle Partitioning permits large tables to be broken into individually managed smaller pieces, while retaining a single application-level view of the data.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Suite transforms complex legacy integration into agile and reusable service-based connectivity by simplifying and standardizing interactions between services and applications in the enterprise and in the cloud to speed time to market, respond faster to business requirements and reduce costs.
- Weblogic Suite is an application server for developing and deploying applications across conventional and cloud environments. It provides a mission-critical cloud platform for applications requiring performance, scalability and reliability.
- Identity and Access Management Suite Plus is a complete and integrated identity management platform that provides scalability, enables organizations to achieve rapid compliance with regulatory mandates and secures sensitive applications and data regardless of whether they are hosted on premise or in a cloud.
Eligibility & Additional Terms
In consideration for licensing all full-time and part-time students, faculty and staff, Oracle gives the following rights to use the University-wide agreement:
- Internet Access. An unlimited number of internet users are allowed to access any of the University-wide programs licensed in this site, provided the access is for viewing, querying, or adding data associated with your administrative, teaching, research or community service functions.
- The University-wide program may not be used for any non-medical school functions of an associated medical center or university hospital (e.g. patient management and billing).
- Oracle Academic Initiative (OAI) and Oracle Workforce Development Program (WDP) membership. Teaching departments at your institution may participate in the OAI and/or the WDP or successor programs that may replace OAI/WDP. The OAI/WDP membership fee will be waived for any department that elects to incorporate Oracle programs into its classroom teaching. Teaching departments may apply for the free membership at http://oai.oracle.com or http://workforce.oracle.com. Once the teaching department is established as an OAI/WDP member, the department will be licensed to use the programs available under OAI/WDP for the purposes set forth in the applicable agreement.
Oracle products obtained will be used solely for internal data processing operations.
- Oracle programs acquired under this contract are to be installed exclusively on machines owned, leased to, or under the sole control of the University of Colorado.
- You acknowledge the acquisition of only the right to use the programs and not the right of ownership.
- You agree not to cause or permit the reverse engineering, disassembly, or recompilation of the programs.
- You agree to use the software only in accordance with the terms and conditions of the University of Colorado's contract with Oracle and in accordance with any applicable University Rules, CU System Administration Policies and Regulations.
- If this agreement is terminated by the University of Colorado or by Oracle, you will cease using the applicable programs and certify within one month that programs have been destroyed or returned to Oracle.
Departments that participate in the University-wide license may request an Oracle Support ID for direct support from Oracle. Departments may receive technical support or download Oracle software using their Support ID.
Unless you are an experienced Oracle user, it is recommended that you discuss your Oracle software requirements with your standard computing support contacts. Oracle is very powerful software, however it is complex. Consequently, it is worth getting advice on whether your proposed application is appropriate before you acquire the software.
None of the Oracle development tools for building applications are available University-wide under this agreement. These applications include:
- Forms Developer
- Reports Developer
- Discoverer Administrator
- Berkeley DB
How to Request Access
If you know which Oracle product(s) you require, follow the process below to request access:
- Contact the UIS Service Desk -- email@example.com or 303-860-help (4357) -- and let them know the applications you are interested in accessing.
- An email is generated to the requestor with a request for required information.
- Requestor responds to the email to validate eligibility and selects the desired application(s).
- Once eligibility is verified, the UIS Service Desk sends requestor the Customer Support Identifier(s) for the requested applications with instructions on how to create a My Oracle Support account.
Help and Support
If you have an existing Oracle Support ID, you may already have the correct CSI in your profile to support the product you want to install. If you are unable to view support to the application with your current profile, please follow the steps outlined. Contact the UIS Service Desk if you are unsure how to verify if your current CSI provides access.
If you have questions regarding the licensed Oracle products, first contact your campus IT service desk.
Campus Service Desks
- University of Colorado Boulder: 303-735-4357 (5-HELP on campus) firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs: 719-255-3536 Email form
- University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Center: 303-724-4357 (4-HELP on campus) UCD-ITS-HELPDESK@ucdenver.edu
- University of Colorado System Administration: 303-860-help(4357) email@example.com
- Voice: 303.764.3448
- Fax: 303.764.3434
- Email: Sean.Myers@cu.edu