This commodity covers a meeting, meal, or other function that is hosted by the University for official university business, attended by guests and/or associates/employees, and held either on university property or off-site at hotels, motels, resorts, country clubs, learning centers, or other locations. Such functions typically include:
- conference or meeting facilities
- meals and beverages
- catered services (including bartending services that are part of the event)
Sales contracts for special events that include group lodging, conference, and/or catered services - regardless of dollar value - must be reviewed and signed by the PSC prior to the event taking place. For more information on contracting authority, refer to the Administrative Policy Statement Contracting Authority .
Procurement Options and Procedures
$5,000 or less
- Use a University issued Procurement Card or submit a Purchase Requisition through the CU Marketplace.
- Restrictions apply to using the Procurement Card for Lodging. Sales contracts must be reviewed and signed by the PSC. Requires OF form if over $500 or APA form if alcohol; see below.
- Restrictions apply to using the Procurement Card for Lodging. Sales contracts must be reviewed and signed by the PSC. Requires OF form if food/beverage over $500 total or over $85/person or if alcohol is being purchased in any dollar amount.
Above $5,000 Submit a Purchase Requisition, or a Standing Purchase Order Requisition, through the CU Marketplace. Sales contracts must be reviewed and signed by the PSC. Requires OF form; see below.
For information on arranging official functions, see the PSC Procedural Statement Official Functions, which requires the use of the Official Function (OF) form  for events where food and beverage costs (with taxes/tips) are estimated to be over $500 total or over $85/person.
The University of Colorado has defined restrictions on the provision of alcohol for personal consumption at university events. For policy and procedure information, refer to the PSC Procedural Statement Alcoholic Beverages Purchased  for University Events.
The department completes the OF form, obtains the necessary signatures, and either retains it on file in the department office (for small-dollar purchases) or submits it to the PSC (for PO Requisition and SPO Requisition processing).
- Phone: 303.764.3418
- Fax: 303.764.3434
- Email: OfficialFunctions@cu.edu