- Use New Times Roman
- 10 font for body
- 12 font bold for Title section.
- Glossary definitions will be italicized.
- Definitions contained in the APS will be underlined.
- Formatting for hyperlinks should be blue and underlined – i.e. Regent Policy 2-k 
- Related policies, procedures, laws, etc. should be specific and linked, if possible.
- Standard outline form should be used, starting with large roman numerals. (I., A., 1, a, i, then bullets, if necessary)
- The policy template is pre-formatted with this outline format.
- Underlining and italicizing will not be used for emphasis in the APS. You may bold an item for emphasis if it is needed.
Style and Grammar Guidelines:
- The Chicago Style Guide has been adopted for the basic style guidelines for the President’s Administration Policy Statements. Click here  for more information.
Examples of common style items include:
- When to capitalize University – i.e. capitalize if it is referring to the University of Colorado but not capitalize if it refers to the university without the complete name.
- When titles should be capitalized (Chancellor, President, Dean, etc.)
- Numbers less than 10 should be spelled out; greater than nine should be numeric.
- Do not repeat a number in parenthesis (three (3)).
- Do not begin a sentence with a numeral.
- Spell out a fraction. However, quantities consisting of both whole numbers and fractions should be expressed as numerals. (two-thirds; 1 2/3)