|Policy Title:||Campus Designation on Diplomas and Transcripts|
|Effective:||April 9, 2015|
|Approved by:||President Bruce D. Benson|
|Responsible University Officer:||Vice President for Academic Affairs|
|Responsible Office:||Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs|
|Policy Contact:||Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs|
|Supersedes:||Campus Designation on Diplomas, Permanent Record Cards and Transcripts, 07/01/09|
|Last Reviewed/Updated:||April 9, 2015|
|Applies to:||All campuses|
Reason for Policy: The purpose of this policy is to clarify the designation of campuses on diplomas and transcripts.
The purpose of this policy is to clarify the designation of campuses on diplomas and transcripts.
II. Policy Statement
- Awarding of Degrees - Degrees will be awarded by the campus where the student has applied, matriculated, and completed the degree requirements. This includes degrees for students enrolled in multi-campus programs, schools and colleges.
- Diplomas - Diplomas must indicate that the degree has been conferred by the Board of Regents of the University of Colorado and will indicate the campus where the diploma was awarded. The formats to be used for all diplomas are included as Attachment A. Any deviations must be approved by the President.
- Honorary degree diplomas will be ordered by Office of the Board of Regents staff working directly with the campus registrars.
- See Attachment A for an example or refer to APS 2001 - Commencement Exercise Responsibilities for additional information.
- Transcripts - Transcripts will indicate the campus at which each course was taken, and will also indicate the campus at which the degree was awarded, in a manner similar to the following example:
III. Related Policies, Procedures, Forms, Guidelines, and Other Resources
- Attachment A - Examples of Diploma Formats
- APS 2001 - Commencement Exercise Responsibilities
- Initial Policy Effective: Spring 1978
- APS revised 07/1/09
- APS revised April 9, 2015
V. Key Words
degree, diploma, transcript, records
Office of Policy and Efficiency (OPE)