This annual award recognizes significant achievements of faculty, staff, students and academic or administrative units in developing a culturally diverse, compassionate university community reflective of inclusive excellence.
As many as four awards of up to $1,000 each are given for projects, programs or practices that best reflect the implementation of system and/or campus diversity goals. Awardees will be recognized at a yearly President’s Diversity Award Reception, with their names published in the CU Connections newsletter. A committee with representatives from each CU campus will make selections based on the criteria below.
Nomination and supporting documents must be received by Friday, March 14, 2014
Nominations are welcome from any member of the university community. Candidates for these awards should be engaged in meaningful diversity activities beyond one’s primary responsibilities at the university. Nominations are sought in four categories:
- Full-time faculty
- Full-time staff (professional exempt or classified)
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate students
- Academic unit* or administrative units
*Unit refers to academic or administrative offices; staff, faculty, and student committees; and organizations (e.g., alumni) directly associated with CU.
Nominations should directly address each of the criteria listed below:
- Significance - How has the nominee(s) demonstrated superior leadership and commitment to the enhancement, development and sustainability of diversity and inclusive excellence?
- Innovation – How does the activity uniquely address key issues of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the CU System and/or the CU community? How is this activity different from existing activities and projects that address diversity and inclusiveness?
- Impact - What have been the measurable outcomes? Has this project/program/activity been replicated at other institutions? How has this project/program/activity “moved the needle” in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the CU System and the Colorado community?
Nomination packets should include:
- The candidate’s name, email, and nomination category,
- A letter of nomination that specifically addresses the listed criteria, and
- Other supporting materials, if necessary.
Please submit electronic nominations as one electronic file (PDF or MS Word doc) to: AcademicAffairs@cu.edu .