PET/Retroactive Funding Change (PETR)

Learn how to make retroactive funding changes during payroll expense transfer (PETR) transactions in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).

General Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) Guidelines

  • PET transactions can only be created when the HRMS is available to users; refer to the​ Payroll Production Calendars
  • A PET does not pay additional money or collect money back from an employee. This process moves part or all of an existing payroll transaction to a different funding source.
  • PETR is not available for Work-Study payroll transactions. Contact your financial aid/student employment office to request a FAM PET.
  • PETR is not available for payroll transactions that have already been modified by a correction PET,​ FAM PET or Batch PET.
  • PETR will not move Time Collection amounts that were processed with a SpeedType override. 

Note: The screen shots used in this guide may not be representative of your access.