Use the Add Employment Instance Guide to learn how to:
- Complete the hiring process in "Job Data" for a person whose personal information was entered in "Add a Person," but whose job data entry was not completed.
- Hire an existing person (POI).
- Add an employment instance (additional job/concurrent job) for an existing employee.If the employee has one or more terminated jobs in the Human Resources Management System (HRMS), the system requires re-use of one of those. The system will select the employee record number that has been terminated for at least 45 days.Typical examples of when to use "Add Employment Instance" for an additional/concurrent job:
- hiring a student with more than one job
- hiring a student for a summer position as well as an academic-year position
- hiring a faculty member as chair in addition to an academic-year position
- hiring a faculty member for a summer position as well as an academic-year position
- hiring a current classified or professional employee as an instructor
- hiring a retired employee