University staff members are evaluated on an annual basis (per Regent Policy 11-F).
- The performance cycle ends.
- The performance cycle begins.
During the month of May
- Supervisors must meet with each employee individually to conduct an evaluation. The University Staff Rating Form must be sent to the System HR office at 400 UCA Attn: Tracy Hooker. The supervisor and employee should retain a copy for their records. HR will not collect the plan or any narrative evaluation regarding the rating.
- The performance evaluations must be received by System HR office. A supervisor’s failure to submit all employee evaluations by this date may be subject to discipline.
During the month of June
- To assist supervisors and university staff members in planning and setting goals for the next review period, the Plan and Evaluation form is available. This form, or any other planning/goal setting document, does not need to be submitted to HR; it is for departmental use only.
The performance cycle for classified staff members runs April 1 - March 31. Find more information about CU's Performance Management Program Plan.
The performance cycle begins
During the month of April
Supervisors must meet with each employee individually to conduct an evaluation. The Planning and Evaluation form must contain all original signatures and dates
Send the entire original evaluation to your appropriate HR office. The supervisor and employee should retain a copy for their records.
Performance evaluations must be received by the appropriate HR office. If a supervisor fails to submit all employee evaluations by this date, he or she may be subject to discipline.
During the month of May
The supervisor must meet with each employee to discuss the performance plan for the period of April 1 – March 31. After obtaining signatures in the planning section, the supervisor must send a copy of the front page of the Planning and Evaluation Form to the appropriate HR office.
A copy of the front page of the performance plan must be received by System HR.
Classified Staff Planning and Evaluation Forms
For automatic calculation and/or for plans with no more than 9 goals:
For manual calculations and/or for plans with more than 9 goals, use:
- All supervisors of classified staff are required to complete the CU: Performance Management course in Skillport which can be accessed through http://my.cu.edu. This training is also available for supervisors looking for a refresher course or any other non-supervisory staff. The CU: Performance Management course provides supervisors with a convenient resource to fulfill obligations to complete performance plans and evaluations for classified staff.