If you have questions about the recent Anthem data breach, please visit anthemfacts.com for the most up-to-date information. The University of Colorado will continue to work with Anthem to provide you timely information related to the breach and resources to protect your personal information.
June 2014 Pay Roles
We're closing in on the end of the fiscal year. Are you and your employees prepared for the changeover?
Use this month's issue of Pay Roles to cross check your to-do list, and to read about the latest project updates and how they impact you.
Get ready for July
- Take a look at the deadlines for the monthly and biweekly pay cycles, and see our tips for making your fiscal year-end tasks simple.
- July 1 is a key day for CU employees. That's when:
- employees on a monthly pay schedule will receive their June pay.
- rehired retirees will lose any unused leave
- the language in CU's statement of work forms will change to reflect state law.
- merit pay increases will go into effect
- Employee Services will sweep any leave balances that exceed the allowed maximum.
- Soon, employees no longer will be able to access historical paycheck data that predates 2011 in the portal. See what they should do if they want to access this information.
- Employees who don't sign up for direct deposit this June will no longer receive paper paychecks starting in July, and will instead be issued paycards. Read more about paycard deadlines and on-campus educational sessions, and help spread the word by downloading, printing and hanging our paycards fliers (in English and Spanish).
- While Employee Services works to create a slick new HR system, you'll notice very few changes, if any, to its current Human Resources Management System. Learn why.
- Did you know employees can make W-4 selections and changes right in the portal instead of downloading a paper form? Learn how.
- Good news: We've developing a new process for ensuring personal employee information in the portal—such as direct deposit details—is secure. Employees can do their part by logging in to the portal and ensuring their contact phones are correct. Learn how this phone-based security measure will work.
- Want to find out about the latest projects at CU that affect employees? There's a new place on our website for that.
- Find the latest business partner meeting updates online.
Help spread the word
- Members of the Public Employees' Retirement Association are in luck: PERA representatives are coming to each CU campus in June to better educate their CU members about their pension plan. Learn more and educate your affected employees with our downloadable fliers.
- PERA also has another cool offering: You may now request that a PERA representative come to your office to present one of its five workshops, or simply visit to answer general questions. Learn more about this service.
- We've discovered a billing issue that may confuse employees who are members of Be Colorado's Weight Watchers at Work program. Read about what's at play with this billing issue.
- Summer is when many CU student workers will first be affected by the Student Employee Retirement Plan. Get help educating your employees about the SERP with our downloadable flier and online video tutorial.