Need to schedule an appointment with one of our benefits or payroll professionals? We've (temporarily) moved, but we're still here to help you. Learn about how to reach us.
The University of Colorado has been a leader in higher education and research in the Rocky Mountain region for more than 135 years. Founders laid the red-brick cornerstone of Old Main, the university's first building in Boulder in 1876, the same year Colorado joined the union and the nation marked its centennial.
Since then, CU has evolved into a dynamic network of four campuses, including one of the newest biomedical and health care centers in the world. Today, the CU legacy for academic excellence, innovation and discovery continues at the University of Colorado Boulder, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, the University of Colorado Denver and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
What benefits does the university offer to employees?
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid sick and vacation time off
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical and dental insurance for employees, their families and domestic partners
- Short-term and long term disability insurance
- AD&D and life insurance
- Retirement plans—401(a), 403(b) or PERA): Employees have opportunities throughout the year to meet with financial planners to aid in planning for retirement.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- C-SEAP Program: Confidential resource for workplace and personal issues.
- Discounts from local vendors and State of Colorado BenefitHub
- View a list of discounts here.
- BeColorado: Be Colorado provides the tools, resources, environment, and motivation to enhance wellness, while adding to an evidence-based body of knowledge and strengthening a culture of health for employees. Find out more at becolorado.org
What types of professional development opportunities are available?
The University of Colorado values excellence in higher education and provides many opportunities for employees to grow professionally. Full-time employees are provided up to nine credit hours of tuition waiver credits, giving employees an opportunity to expand their personal interests, pursue career goals or complete a degree. These credit hours can be transferred to a dependent to complete summer courses on any of the University of Colorado Campuses.
Additionally, employees are provided access to Books 24/7, which provides access to a collection of trainings and e-books on topics ranging from customer service, computer programming, languages and leadership development.
Want to work on a CU campus?
Each campus human resources office provides useful resources:
University of Colorado Boulder
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
University of Colorado Denver and University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
University of Colorado System Administration
- Information about working at System Administration
- Search jobs for Classified and University Staff (formerly Exempt Professionals)
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity or disability.
Background Investigations: The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe, secure and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, an Excluded Parties List check, and, when appropriate, a financial record check and/or a motor vehicle history.
E-Verify Program: The University of Colorado is a Federal Contract E-Verify employer, but only employees hired into a position funded by a federal contract with the FAR E-Verify clause will be verified through the E-Verify program. In that case, we will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
For purposes of employment, using F-1 STEM OPT employment authorization through Student and Exchange Visitor Program and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. However, the university is NOT considered to be an E-Verify employer since not all new university employees are verified through the E-Verify program.