Educate new employees on key processes
Help your new employees through the onboarding process by educating them on pay and time-entry deadlines, knowing where to find their employee IDs and keeping their contact information up to date.
Use the payroll production calendars on the Employee Services website to help educate your new employees about upcoming pay-related deadlines to reduce missed deadlines and ensure they are paid on time and correctly. By using these calendars, you can issue reminders to staff about:
- time collection approval deadlines
- deadlines for submitting W-4, direct deposit and retroactive pay forms to Employee Services
- biweekly, monthly and off-cycle pay deadlines
CU's employee identification system helps us keep employees’ personal data as secure as possible. When an employee calls Employee Services for payroll assistance—or you call on his/her behalf—we’ll request the employee’s HRMS ID number. Employees may find this information on the top of their pay advices or earnings statements by logging in to the CU portal.
The best way for employees to ensure they receive paychecks, pay information and updates is to keep their personal information current in our system. They can do this by:
- updating their mailing address, phone number, email address and emergency contacts through the CU portal's "Employee Profile" page; or
- downloading appropriate forms from the Employee Services website for such actions as name changes and direct deposit selections, and submitting the completed forms to Employee Services.
Update returning employees’ address, W-4, bank information
When former employees return to work at CU, ask them to confirm their mailing addresses, W-4 allowances and direct deposit information, and verify that the correct information is entered in the HRMS.
Self-service: Returning employees can review and update their addresses and W-4 allowances, and may view direct deposit information through the CU Resources section of their campus portals.
Submit for entry: Employees also may request address change forms from their departments, which will enter the updates in the HRMS. Employee Services provides online W-4 and Direct Deposit Authorization forms, which employees can complete and return to Employee Services for entry into the HRMS.
return to Employee Services for entry into the HRMS.