Presentations, worksheets, case studies, etc. are provided below, organized by workshop date.
August 15 and 16 - Retreat - Denver
Assignments due August 15 (see email for attachments):
- “Leadership Practices Inventory®, James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner,” Kathy Kennedy, Clinical Professor Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus
- Read the summary, “The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership” by James M. Kouzes & Barry Z. Posner
- “Inclusive Leadership Matters,” Brenda Allen, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion, University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus
- Read the article, “The Six Signature Traits of Inclusive Leadership,” Deloitte University Press, 2016.
- View TED Talk – Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger of a Single Story (18:42)
- Prepare with the reflection questions for the article and TED talk.
- "StrengthsQuest," Lauren Harris, Organizational and Employee Development Program, Human Resources CU Boulder
- Either complete the StrengthsQuest assessment online or access your account. Use the StrengthsQuest Assignment for directions.
September 15 - System Administration - 1800 Grant St., Denver
October 6 - UCCS
- Inclusive Leadership: Deepening Cultural Self-Awareness, Knowledge, and Skills to Enhance Cross-Cultural Interaction and Campus Community by Dr. Sentwali Bakari, Vice Chancellor for Student Success
- Ethical Dilemmas in Leadership by Dr. Nina Polok, Executive Director for the Bachelor of Innovation
November 3 (Part 1) - CU Advancement
November 3 (Part 2) - Excellence in Leadership Luncheon and Lecture - 11:30-1:30 - Brown Palace Hotel
January 26 - Boulder
February 16 - Government Relations and the Legislature - Colorado State Capitol, Denver
March 16 - Anschutz Medical Campus
April 20 - CU Denver and Closing Reception- Denver
General driving and parking directions to each campus and system administration are provided below.
Skillsoft offers thousands of complete, online books. The books listed below are available on Skillsoft. Additionally, some of the books have an executive summary available as a pdf dowload.
- Boyatzis, Richard and McKee, Annie. Resonant Leadership: Renewing Yourself and Connecting with Others through Mindfulness, Hope, and Compassion. Harvard Business School Publishing, 2005. [Book, Summary, and Audio book on Skillsoft.]
- Catmull, Ed and Wallace, Amy. Creativity, Inc. Soundview Executive Summaries, 2015. [Summary on Skillsoft.]
- Covey, Stephen R, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons for Personal Change. Soundview Executive Summaries, 2007. [Summary on Skillsoft.]
- Covey, Stephen R, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Restoring the Character Ethic. Franklin Covey, 1989. [Book on Skillsoft.]
- Covey, Stephen R, The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything. Free Press. 2006. [Book on Skillsoft.]
- Goleman, Daniel, Working with Emotional Intelligence. Bantam Dell, 2006. [Summary on Skillsoft.]
- Goodwin, Doris Kearns, Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln. Blithedale Productions, 2005.
- Kotter, A Sense of Urgency. Harvard Business School Press, 2008. [Book, Summary, and Audio book on Skillsoft.]
- Kouzes, James and Barry Posner, The Leadership Challenge. Jossey-Bass, 2007. [Book and Summary in Skillsoft.]
- Logan, Dave and King, John, Tribal Leadership: Leveraging Natural Groups to Build a Thriving Organization. HarperCollins Publishers, 2008. [Summary on Skillsoft.]
- Pink, Daniel, A Whole New Mind. Berkley Publishing Group, 2005.
- Wiseman, Liz. Multipliers: How the Best Leadership Make Everyone Smarter. HarperCollins Publishers, 2010.