Workers Compensation (Risk Management)

The university is required by law to provide Workers' Compensation coverage to everyone it employs. Please check with the Office of University Risk Management (URM) for eligibility, exceptions (if applicable), specific procedures and required paperwork.

Employees must report injuries to their supervisor within four working days of an incident, complete and turn in all required paperwork, and obtain medical service from specified providers.

Supervisors must complete and forward all required paperwork to URM. Contact URM for reporting and paperwork deadlines. In addition, record any time employees are away from work in Time Collection in the Human Resources Management System. This includes any adjustment to pay, if applicable.