Need to schedule an appointment with one of our benefits or payroll professionals? We've (temporarily) moved, but we're still here to help you. Learn about how to reach us.
HRMS Step-by-Step Guides
While there are not step-by-step guides for every change you may need to make, remember to follow these steps:
- Navigate to the appropriate module and page group.
- Insert a row (click on the plus sign) on the appropriate page by the effective date.
- Choose the appropriate "effective date of the action and reason" for your change.
- Select and enter the appropriate action and reason. (Note: Some information within the HRMS does not require actions and reasons.)
- Make the actual change on the appropriate page in the proper field.
- Save and approve.
- Add a Person (People-of-interest types, including pre-employment)
- How to Add a Person of Interest (video)
- Add a (or add additional) People-of-Interest Relationship(s)
- How to Add Additional People-of-Interest Relationships (video)
- Add Employment Instance
- Approve Job Data Outside Worklist
- Employee and Person of Interest: Personal Organization Summary Employee and POI Lookup
- Employee Only: Job List Lookup
- Hire Classified Employee
- How to Add a Person—Employee (video)
- How to Add a Home and Mail Address (video)
- Hire Regular Faculty—Monthly
- Hire a Retiree
- Hire Student Hourly or Work Study
- Job Reclassification (All)
- Leave of Absence and Return from Leave of Absence
- Update Address in "Modify a Person"
- Update Department and Campus Box
- Update Misc., Phone or Email
- Update Name in "Modify a Person"
- Pay Rate Change
- Pay Rate Change—Discretionary Pay Differential (DPD)
- Percent of Time Change—Temporary
- POI Lookup
- Reappointment of Employee
- Search for Matching Persons
- Short Work Break—Enter
- Short Work Break—Return
- Terminate an Employee (including Retirements)
- Transfer or Rehire Employee
- Update/Inactivate POI Relationship
- Approve Funding Distribution Outside Worklist
- Approve Position Outside Worklist
- Change Current or Future Funding
- Create New Position with Funding
- Update Funding Distribution
- Change Position Data
- Initialize (Copy) Position
- Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) Approval
- Correction Payroll Expense Transfer (PET)
- Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) Retroactive Funding Change
- Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) Review
- Position Location Change
- Transfer Position to Another Department
- Quick Reference—Payroll Expense Transfer: Retroactive Funding Change
- Quick Reference—Payroll Expense Transfer Correction
Recruit Workforce—Review History
- Academic-Year, Fall or Spring Semester Contracts
- Academic-Year Sabbatical or LWP Contract
- Changes to Pay-Type Contract
- Compensation Changes to Contract
- Fall Leave of Absence (LWOP) Contract
- Other Contract
- Spring Leave of Absence (LWOP) Contract
- Summer Session Contract
- Termination of 9-Pay-9 Contract
- Termination of 9-Pay-12 Contract
My.Leave (CU Portal)
The information on this site is offered for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for, or alteration of, any federal or state law or regulation, university policy, or provision of any written plan document or agreement between the university and any contracted provider.
In the event of any inconsistency between information on this site and any federal or state law or regulation, university policy, written plan document or agreement, the provisions of the relevant law, policy, plan document, or agreement will govern, and no person or entity shall be entitled to claim detrimental reliance on any information provided or expressed on this site.
Effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site; however, Employee Services reserves the right to interpret any ambiguity arising from any information provided on this site.